Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ugh! Ableton Live 9 Rewire Bug with Logic - A Loud Buzz Issue, No Solution in Sight!

So, I was a bit stoked that I am going to start slaving Ableton Live 9 to my Logic 9 via Rewire technology.

It all worked correctly until the moment I hit the record button on Logic, it gave a loud buzz for the duration of recording count-in.

Turns out it is a well known issue and Ableton Web Site states that there currently is not a solution.

It sounds like there is an audio-loop during this period. I tried to turn off the metronome altogether on the Logic side and it does not help (so don't even try that.)

So be aware of this issue before you get all stoked and try this out on your logic.

I am sure to post another message if and when I find out this slaving issue is fixed. It is annoying enough hassle for my situation... how can I even record a track without a count-in. I guess I could create one or measures of hi-hat or something, then remove the pre-roll when bouncing the final. Really too bad.

Hope they get to fix this soon!


No comments: