Monday, May 6, 2013

Ableton Live - If Your Scenes Do Not Trigger on the First Beat of a Measure

I am continuing to learn the Live and there was something it took me a bit of time to figure out.

So here is the scenario;
  • I drag and drop bunch of loops into the Session view.
  • I launch each Scene 1, 2, 3 etc, and the loops start immediately and none of them synchronize to the first beat.
What was going on;
  •  On very top left there is the Quantize button. That's the bar contains EXT, TAP, Beat (120 BPM, etc.) This you need to set to at least 1-bar. It was set to None. Now you could use that as an effect, but probably not for most of the cases.

Very very simple stupid error, but I was thinking "quantize" to mean quantifying my MIDI notes.

This behavior is not directly related to the Launch Mode. So don't get there. Check above first.



No comments: